The basic requirement for admission into a graduate program at Cincinnati Christian University is a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Graduates from Bible colleges, Christian colleges, liberal arts colleges, state colleges and universities are encouraged to apply.
CCU seeks to admit students with high academic ability; at the same time the we realize that this is not all that is necessary to be successful in church-related vocations. Therefore, CCU is also concerned with spiritual; moral and personal character; as well as the potential for success in ministry.
To apply to the Graduate division of Cincinnati Christian University, please submit the following:
- Spiritual Reference
- Official final transcripts from each college or graduate school where credits have been earned
- Non-refundable, application fee - pay online or by check
- A 3-5 page statement reflecting on events or circumstances which have brought the you to this point in life, academic and career goals, how graduate school fits into those goals
Master of Arts in Counseling & International applicants, see below for additional requirements.
Master of Arts in Counseling:
All requirements for Master of Arts in Counseling students must be completed and received by CCU no later than February 1st for the fall semester and October 1st for the spring semester.
All requirements for international applicants must be completed and received by CCU no later than February 1st for the fall semester and October 1st for the spring semester.
- Official Transcripts from eighth grade forward. All educational documents and transcripts
must be submitted via a member of one of the following:
○ National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
○ Association of International Credentials Evaluators (AICE)
○ AACRAO International Education Services.
Students seeking transfer credit from a foreign institution must also submit an official course-by-course evaluation by one of the aforementioned organizations.
- All international students whose first/native language is not English are required to demonstrate English proficiency on one of the following accepted tests (minimum required score):
○ Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
○ International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
○ Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Non-refundable, $150 application fee - pay online or by check.
- Complete all requirements for the issuance of an I-20. Information regarding those requirements will be given to you by your admissions counselor.
Send all application materials to:
Cincinnati Christian University
2700 Glenway Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45204 USA