Skip To Content


Begin the financial aid application process early to ensure that your financial aid will be in place by the time you are ready to begin school. When the semester starts, you will be able to focus on your studies and enjoy the college experience.

If you delay, you may be required to pay your school bill using personal resources until your financial aid is available. If you have not completed the FAFSA for 2019-2020, do it today!

Contact an Enrollment Services Specialist with your questions regarding CCU costs and payment options.

If you have been selected for verification for 2019-2020:

  • Refer to the 2019-2020 Verification Policies & Guidelines for information regarding the verification process.
  • Complete and sign the 2019-2020 Verification Worksheet. Return the completed Worksheet to Enrollment Services.
  • Transfer your 2017 tax data into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
  • If you are unable or choose not to transfer your tax data into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA on the Web, request a 2017 IRS Tax Return Transcript to provide to CCU to verify your 2017 tax data. You may request the 2017 IRS Tax Return Transcript in one of several ways:

Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. You will need an FSA ID to access and sign your FAFSA. You also will use your FSA ID at,, and

Create your FSA ID at fsaid.ed.govIf your are a dependent student, your parent also will need an FSA ID.

If you borrowed in the federal loan program, you are required to complete Loan Exit Counseling. During the Exit Counseling session, you will learn about your rights and responsibilities as you prepare to enter repayment on your loans. To get started, please click here and log in using your FSA ID. Be prepared to provide addresses and phone numbers of individuals who will know how to contact you in the event your loan servicer has trouble reaching you. The Financial Aid staff will receive an electronic notification when you complete the online counseling session.

If you have federal student loans, your diploma will not be released until you complete Exit Counseling. Contact Enrollment Services if you have questions.

Eligible students must submit the Family Grant Application to Enrollment Services for each term of attendance. The application may be downloaded from the Forms and Links section of this site.

The government has set annual borrowing limits for students based the number of credit hours earned toward the student's degree program. 

Dependent students may borrow up to the following maximums per academic year:

  • Freshman (0-25 credit hours)      $5,500
  • Sophomore (26-57 credit hours) $6,500
  • Junior/Senior (58+ credit hours)  $7,500

Independent students may borrow up to the following maximums per academic year:

  • Freshman (0-25 credit hours)       $  9,500
  • Sophomore (26-57 credit hours)  $10,500
  • Junior/Senior (58+ credit hours)   $12,500
  • Graduate                                          $20,500